NEW ZEALAND’S BACKCOUNTRY huts are a glorious melange of structures built over more than a century and probably unmatched in diversity anywhere in the world. But many of these shelters sre at risk of being lost to dilapidation, old age and the ravages of the weather. Volunteers around the country are now preserving remote huts for the next generation of trampers.
- May 2021 Newsletter
- Volunteer Project Manager Needed, Plus Supporters
- Mt Taranaki Camphouse
- St James Walkway Project
- NZ Geographic Article on ‘The Hut Keepers’
- Hut Service Standards Reviewed by DOC
- What is Motivational Self-Efficacy?
- HutReno News Release
- The Health Benefits of Being Eco-Active
- The Lake Sumner Project